Ten Great Reasons to Use a Travel Agent
By Ruthanne Terrero, Editorial Director of the Questex Travel Group, which includes Travel Agent magazine, Home-Based Travel Agent, Luxury Travel Advisor, Premier Hotels & Resorts and Premier Spas & Romance.
- You’ve Googled “Mexico vacation,” and come up with 17.8 million responses. Need a little help editing those choices?
- Remember when you used that obscure website to book your hotel, and when you got there you spent your beach vacation overlooking a parking lot?
- How many hours were you on hold with the airline when your flight was canceled because of a snowstorm?
- Did you really mean to spend your honeymoon at that resort whose one tiny pool was filled all day with 12 screaming children?
- Who knew that when you booked that “villa” in Tuscany, it would be a small room with a kitchenette and no air conditioning? Funny, it looked much better on your computer screen.
- No one explained to you that in July, it’s winter time in Rio, and so you showed up there with nothing but five Hawaiian shirts and three pairs of swimming trunks.
- How about the time you really needed a restful vacation, and you ended up in New Orleans during Mardi Gras and someone threw up on your shoes?
- Yes, I guess that hotel must have used a telephoto lens when they took a picture of those guest rooms that you saw on their website.
- I suppose contacting the Attorney General to resolve the fact that that Internet site has billed your credit card three times instead of once is the only route to take at this point.
- It was definitely odd that there were no cab drivers at the airport at 3 o’clock in the morning when you finally landed in Costa Rica, but booking a transfer to your very remote hotel would have been a good thing to remember when you purchased your airline ticket and hotel online.
Why Buy Travel Insurance?
Protection, Safety and Peace of Mind
Everyone thinks, “it will never happen to me.” But no-one is exempt from the unforeseen results of bad weather, financial meltdowns, sickness, accidents and general bad-luck. Peter Greenberg, Travel Editor of Today, states more USA travelers buy insurance than ever before.
Reasons to buy include:
- Your flight has been cancelled.
- Your bags are lost and your medication is in it. You need to have an emergency prescription filled.
- Your passport and wallet are stolen, and you need emergency cash and a replacement passport.
- You’re involved in an accident and adequate medical treatment is not available. You need medical evacuation.
- You need to cancel your trip due to illness.
- Your cruise line, airline or tour operator goes bankrupt. You need your non-refundable expenses covered and to get to your destination.
- You have a medical emergency in a foreign country.
- A terrorist incident occurs in the city where you’re planning to visit and you want to cancel your trip.
- A hurricane forces you to evacuate your resort, hotel or cruise.